You cannot control people, including your prospects. You cannot convince someone to want to work with you or buy/sell a home. BUT you CAN control how you show up.
Here are a few things you CAN control when talking to/ meeting with your prospects:
1. First Impressions Matter: Your attitude can make or break your connection. Upon meeting you, clients and customers should have a positive experience right off the bat. Come to your meeting well-prepared, dressed professionally, tidy hair, and with a friendly smile on your face.
2. Show Up Early: Being early to an appointment is WAY better than being late. If you are meeting them at a showing, canvas the area, get familiar with the homes exterior, set your stuff down, and be ready to greet them.
3. Get To Know Your Clients: You are not just going to be their agent, you are going to be their friend and trusted advisor. Develop common grounds like your favorite sports team. This could potentially make them more comfortable with you. Be a great listener! Pay attention to everything they are saying, take notes, and make sure your full attention is on them.
4. Sell Your Value: Make sure to clearly explain your services and why you are a great agent for them. Emphasize how you can help them achieve their objectives. Research the local real estate market thoroughly, including property values, market trends, and neighborhoods.
5. Follow up: Do not just send a follow up email/text a day later – send it an hour later! Thank them for their time and for meeting with you and highlight all the important details you went over. Let them know you are looking forward to working with them and will stay in touch. Show them you are dedicated as their agent and appreciate their business and time.
Do the perfect preparation before & after your meet with your clients. By doing so, you won’t miss out on the one’s that are motivated and ready.
“To give real service, you must add something which cannot be bought or measured with money, and that is sincerity and integrity.” – Douglas Adams